Speaker Name: Michael Knes - Sales & key account manager
- What are the current global trends driving the pharmaceutical sector you are working in? How does your company respond to those trends?
One of the most important issues in the pharmaceutical production area is the big point of “Internet of things” or “Industry 4.0”. The big challenge is to produce machines and equipment for this new Industry level.
Answer Ortner: Machines like the ISU- H2O2 generator or the compounding isolator of Ortner comply fully to this new industry level 4.0.
2. What are the top challenges faced by the pharmaceutical sector you represent at this moment? How does your company deal with these challenges?
Challenge: Implementation of new production methods to answer new requests from the end customer and to speed up and to be more flexible in the whole process
Answer Ortner: Working with a design space helps to be more flexible and save in the production area. Therefore Ortner develops together with our university partners new technologies and strategies.
3. What topic are you presenting at the Pharma Insight Briefings and why is this subject so important to the market at this time?
We are presenting new versions of decontamination for humans. Important for all areas where a person can influence cleanliness of a room or vice versa. Isolators are one part of this story. Another part are the cleanroom clothes with the new technology of photodynamic.
4. What can attendees to your session expect to gain and which challenges does this content address? Why should they include your presentation in their agenda?
In our session we will represent new ways of clean production. The presentation will show new very innovative production methods for critical pharmaceutical areas. It also gives a short introduction how Industry 4.0 for a Pharma production could help the pharmaceutical production to be more flexible for the future.
5. How do you see your sector of the market evolving in the next 5 years?
Isolators will be a very important part of a future pharmaceutical production, because it minimalizes the area where a real cleanroom will be needed. This means, it helps to save implementing and running costs.The equipment of an isolator will be influenced in future by new technologies and ideas to perform in the area of user friendliness and flexibility.