Empowering Women in Pharma
For the fifth year running, the Women in Leadership Forum will take place on the second day of CPhI Worldwide, on-site at the IFEMA, Feria de Madrid.
While company leaders are creating programs to increase diversity in their organisations from board level to entry level, what does this really mean for women and how can they work with their peers and colleagues to make this happen?
This year the focus will be on talent acquisition and will open discussions about sourcing talent conscientiously, retaining that talent and working toward bias-free work environments.
This event provides an opportunity to meet your peers, hear from senior executives on promoting diversity in the workplace, and assess strategies for your own career development.
08:00 – 08:30 | Breakfast & Networking
Start the day at CPhI Worldwide by networking with like-minded women in Pharma
08:30 – 08:35 | Welcome from the Chair
TBC (Representative from Dow/DuPont)
08:35 – 09:05 | Keynote speaker
TBC (Representative from DuPont)
09:05 – 10:10 | Panel discussion and Q&A:
Theme: Sourcing and retaining female talent in Pharma
- How M&A impacts recruitment, career progression and talent retention: Significant M&A activity has resulted in fewer top level positions and presents fresh challenges in the workplace - What does this mean for women in Pharma?
- Creating and sustaining a pipeline of female talent in Pharma: With the rapid change of digital technology and changing consumer needs within the larger healthcare industry, the need to leverage experience from other industries, coupled with new ideas and the ability to create synergies, mean that a new skill-set is sought after.
- Diversity in senior leadership – how to enable career growth and ensure more women climb the ranks within their existing organisations? How to avoid helping only one type of woman to progress?
- Sourcing and nurturing female talent at the entry level and beyond: re-examining job descriptions and on boarding, how are mothers and caregivers supported throughout their leave and re-integrated into the work place upon their return?
Zarmina Penner, Business Coach (confirmed)
Representative from DuPont
Denise Johnston - VP Global Sales, NEMERA (pending confirmation)
10:10 – 10:15 Introduction to World Café
10:15 – 10:45 | World Café
Dynamic networking and group discussions.
10:45 – 11:00 | Feedback / top take-aways
Moderator to collect and summarize the key take-away points.
11:00 – 11:30 | Coffee & Networking
Close of event.
"A wonderful opportunity to think outside the box, in an industry dominated by men"
- 2016 delegate
"I think women need to be out front, they still need encouragement to present themselves as leaders in the industry as more doors are opening."
- Diana Trepanier, Global Director, Procurement and Strategic, Catalent
"Superb! An important chance to discuss the challenges faced by women"
- 2016 delegate