New in 2018: FDF Japan Zone
FDF is the latest zone added to CPhI Japan, bringing together every aspect of the finished dosage supply chain, from Big Pharma and CMO to in/out-licensing and dossier specialists. FDF explores key market facts and gives attendees and exhibitors a platform to connect with ideal partners on a successful route to market.
Why FDF Japan?
- Japan is now on the way to the full-fledged aging society
- National Medical Expenditure in FY2025 is estimated to become 61 trillion JPY(￥)
- Budget constraints and cost-push pressure of the aging population lead the Government to take various actions including promotion of generics a national policy
- Strong governmental support, increased levels of drug maker activities and the shifting attitudes of consumers will contribute to the rapid growth of generic drugs in Japan
- Generic drug sales is forecast to reach a value of USD17.1 billion by 2021 and USD21.9 billion by 2026. This represents a 10-year CAGR of 4.7% in US dollar terms. It is expected that generic medicines will increase their share of the total from around 13% in 2016 to just over 20% by 2026.