Prepare your arrival
Application to a port visa
International visitors travelling to China to attend CPhI & P-MEC China 2018 can apply for the port visa now.
With the port visa notification, you may get the port visa at Shanghai Port Division of Shanghai Exit- Entry Administration Bureau upon arriving at Shanghai Pudong/Hongqiao International Airport.
Citizens of the following countries cannot apply for Port visa: Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Turkey, Syria, Mali, Ghana.
- The port visa notification is valid for one month from the date of issue.
- Application Deadline: 8 June 2018 (Beijing Time)
The procedure to apply
Register to attend CPhI & P-MEC China here
- Download and fill in the Application Form (type written in xlse. file).
- Scan a copy of the applicant’s whole passport (jpg only); and
- E-mail both files to CPhI & P-MEC China's visa application team
The information will be checked and submitted to the Exit-Entry Administration of Shanghai Public Security Bureau for approval. Usually, the result will be known within 5 working days.
Once the application is approved, the Bureau will issue the Port Visa Notification and inform the organizer to forward it to the foreign national applicant via email or fax.
When arriving at the Shanghai ports, you will be required to fill in Port Visa application form on the counter and provide:
- The approved Port Visa Notification
- A valid passport
- 1 full colour photo
- 3.5 x 5.3 cm
- your head must face the camera directly with full face in view
- shoulders should be square to camera
- you cannot wear a hat or head covering
- taken within 6 months
- Visa charges
- in cash
- the charges per country differ, please ask the onsite staff
Arrange your flight!
We are proud to announce that we have chosen SkyTeam as our Official Alliance Network for air travel. We would like to offer you seamless air travel via SkyTeam Global Meetings to our event. Our registered Global Meetings event offers you attractive airfares, which will benefit you from:
- Savings – take advantage of exclusive discounts up to 15% in both Business and Economy Class; no fee for your online bookings
- Convenience – book the most convenient itinerary online with any of the 20 SkyTeam member airlines.
- Reward Miles – earn Miles on your frequent flyer program of a SkyTeam member airline and save on your future travels
- Valuable services – SkyTeam Elite Plus, First and Business Class customers will experience SkyPriority, the alliance network red-carpet treatment, and will get access to the exclusive SkyTeam lounges.
Please book through this link or go to Skyteam Global Meetings and enter Promocode: 3888S
Should you have any further questions or need assistance with the event, please contact skyteam at [email protected]
India Travel Agency Partners
Biz Link Tours
InORBIT TOURS PVT. LTD.
Trius Holiday Pvt. Ltd.
Practical Information when in Shanghai
Where to eat in Shanghai
Along with thousands years of history and culture, Chinese cuisine has its own unique variety of taste. There are many special dishes apart you can taste from the popular Peking duck when in China. You will be amazed by how many available choices of food from the fresh Steamed Crab, Cheese Butter lobster to the exquisite Pigeon-Egg Dumplings. Plus it is definitely a must to try some Shanghai snacks such as Eyebrow-Shaped Shortcake, Crab-brown Baked Cake, Nanxiang Steamed Buns.Have a peek at our Top 5 recommended restaurants while you are in Shanghai!
Where to go in Shanghai
Shanghai is one of the biggest city on earth with more than 24 million people, conveniently located on the central coast of China. Not only is Shanghai a global financial hub, but it is also well known for its charming tourist attractions such as Yu Garden, the Bund, Oriental Pearl Tower, Longhua Temple and many more await for your adventure. Please find out more at our map!
Speak like a local – Useful Phrases
When abroad it’s always useful to know some practical phrases whether you want to greet someone, order a food or just thank to someone. We have prepared a short list of phrases for you, so check it out here.
- Hi Nǐhǎo
- How are you? Nǐhǎo ma?
- Very good Hěn hǎo
- Thank you Xièxie