President Director of PT. Daewoong Infion in Indonesia
Jl. Raya Kasri No. 153, Desa Tawangrejo Kec. Pandaan 67156 Indonesia
Tel: +62-813-3324-2224, E-mail: [email protected]
Chang Woo Suh is President Director of PT. Daewoong Infion and Research Director of the Life Science Research Center at Daewoong Pharmaceutical, which has the largest prescription drug sales in South Korea. An industry expert in biotechnology and applied biochemistry, Chang Woo Suh has spent more than a decade on the drug development side of the life sciences industry, generating major biotechnology products such as epidermal growth factor, human growth hormone, botulium toxin, and erythropoietin for the South Korean and East Asian market place. Now he is working in Indonesia to set up new Biological GMP factory and technical transfer. He attended Hanyang University, where he earned a B.S. and an M.S. in chemical engineering and a Ph.D. in biochemical engineering. As a former senior scientist of protein chip studies at Hanyang University, He was on the cutting edge of protein microarray technology, which has shown great potential in basic research, diagnostics, and drug discovery.
SUMMARY OF PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Present President Director of PT. Daewoong Infion in Indonesia
2010 Head of Bioresearch Team in Research Center
2006 Head of Research Management Team
2004 Project Manager of New Biologics
Position: Post Doc.
Company: Microbiochip Center, Hanyang University (Korea)
Responsibilities: Senior scientist of protein chip studies
Position: Director, Web Contents
Company: Asadal Inc. (Korea)
Responsibilities: Web contents (domain, hosting, design) development
Position: Staff Sergeant, Land Forces
Army: Military (Korea)
SUMMARY OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
1998.03–2002.03 PhD in Biochemical Engineering, Hanyang University
1996.03–1998.02 MS in Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University
1989.03–1996.02 BS in Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University
SUMMARY OF OBJECTIVE JOB TRAINING
2009.01 Medical Representative (KPMA)
2007.05 Project Management Professional (PMI)
2006.07 R&D Project Management and Evaluation (KOITA)
2005.06 Quality Control & Quality Assurance (KPMA)
2004.12 cGMP Master Course (KFDA)
2009 Medical Representative (KPMA, Korea)
2007 Project Management Professional (PMI, USA)
2006 Certified Value Advisor (KVA, Korea)
SUMMARY OF WORKING EXPERIENCE
1. Global Production of Biologics (2012.09 ~ present)
1) Role and Responsibility
- Director of Bio GMP Factory in PT. Daewoong Infion, Indonesia
- Construction and managing the Bio GMP factory
- Construction of New Bio GMP factory in Indonesia (2014.12)
- Technical Transfer from Korea to Indonesia factory (2015.10)
- Registration of Erythropoietin, BPOM (2016.12), KFDA (2017.02)
- Production and Sales of Erythropoietin (EPODION)
2. Development of Biological Products (2008.04 ~ 2012.08)
1) Role and Responsibility
- Head of Bio Research Team
- Development of New Biologics
- Easyef (EGF) ointment approval (2010.03)
- Eposis (EPO) development approval (2009.12)
- Caretropin (hGH) development and approval (2009.06)
- Novosis (BMP-2) development and approval (2011.03)
- Nabota (BTX-A) development and approval (2013.12)
3. R&D Project Management (2004.11 ~ 2008.03)
1) Role and Responsibility
- Applying IT based enterprise project management system (EPM) into R&D center
- Supporting R&D: Project evaluation, purchasing, HR, and etc
- Operating R&D decision committee: approval new project, milestone decision
- Installation EPM system and management (2005)
- Increase compliance with the schedule rate from 68% to 93%
- Drop the non-core project about 20%
4. Project leader (2004.02 ~ 2004. 11)
1) Role and Responsibility
- Development of new biologics
- Development of trombopoietin (TPO)
SUMMARY OF PUBLICATIONS
1. C. W. Suh and E. K. Lee, Characteristics and application of conjugation between protein and activated PEG, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 12(3), 314-322 (1997).
2. C. W. Suh, S. E. Kim, and E. K. Lee, Effects of filter additives on cake filtration performance, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 14(4), 241-244 (1997).
3. C. W. Suh and E. K. Lee, Response of ultrafiltration flux to periodic oscillation in transmembrane pressure gradient, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 14(2), 230-234 (1998).
4. C. W. Suh, K. Y. Kang, H..S. Lee, S. J. Ahn, and E. K. Lee, Fusion protein cleavage by urokinase covalently immobilized to activated Sepharose gels, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 15(1), 42-48 (2000).
5. T. H. Cho, C. W. Suh, and E. K. Lee, In vitro refolding of inclusion body proteins directly from E. coli cell homogenate in expanded bed adsorption chromatography, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 16(2), 146-152 (2001).
6. C. W. Suh, S. J. Ahn, G. S. Choi, and E. K. Lee, Scale-up of covalently immobilized urokinase column and repeated use of it by solid-phase refolding, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 16(5), 500-504 (2001).
7. S. J. Park , K. R. , C. W. Suh , Y. G. Chai , O. B. Kwon ,S. K. Park , and E. K. Lee, Solid-pahse refolding of poly-lysine tagged fusion protein of hEGF and angiogenin, Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng. 7, 1-5 (2002).
8. C. W. Suh, G. B. Lim, and E. K. Lee, Oscillatory-pressure ultrafiltration of corn gluten hydrolysate, J. Chem. Eng. Japan, 35(8), 806-809 (2002).
9. C. W. Suh, G. S. Choi, and E. K. Lee, Enzymatic cleavage of fusion protein using immobilized urokinase covalently conjugated to activated agarose, Biotech. App. Biochem., 37, 149-155 (2002).
10. C. W. Suh, S. Y. Hwang, S. J. Park, G. S. Choi, and E. K. Lee, Monitoring of unfolding and refolding of immobilized proteins using surface plasmon resonance sensor, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 17(5), 428-434 (2002).
11. J. H. Park, C. W. Suh, G. S. Chai, and E. K. Lee, Development of miniaturized automatic chromatography system for validation study of chromatographic resin lifetime, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 17(4), 326-332 (2002).
12. Y. S. Lee, C. W. Suh, S. K. Park, and E. K. Lee, Purification of soluble rhEGF from recombinant E. coli broth by using expanded bed adsorption chromatography, Biotechnol. Appl. Biochem., 38(1), 9-13 (2003).
13. C. W. Suh, S. J. Na, S. H. Park, S. G. Park, and E. K. Lee, Solid-phase refolding of immobilized enterokinase for fusion protein cleavage, Korean J. of Biotechnol. Bioeng., 18(4), 306-311 (2003).
14. H. J. Choi, S. Y. Hwang, C. W. Suh, Y. S. Kim, and E. K. Lee, Development of lab-chip for rapid LAL assay of endotoxin, Korean J. of Biotechnol. Bioeng., 18(5), 429-433 (2003).
15. C. W. Suh, M. Y. Kim, J. B. Choo, J. K. Kim, H. K. Kim, and E. K. Lee, Analysis of protein adsorption characteristics to nano-pore silica particles by using confocal laser scanning microscopy, J. Biotech., 112(3), 267-277 (2004).
16. W. C. Choi, M. Y. Kim, C. W. Suh, and E. K. Lee, Solid-phase refolding of inclusion body protein in a packed and expanded bed adsorption chromatography, Process Biochemistry, 40(5), 1967-1972 (2004).
17. C. W. Suh, S. Y. Hwang, H. J. Choi, G. H. Seong, Y. M. Ahn, Y. S. Kim, and E. K. Lee, Feasibility of on-chip detection of endotoxin by LAL test, BBE, 9, 132-136 (2004).
18. S. H. Yun, C. W. Lee, J. S. Lee, C. W. Seo, and E. K. Lee, Fabrication of SiO2-coated magnetic nanopraticles for applications to protein separation and purification, Materials Science Forum, 449-452, 1033-1036 (2004).
19. C. W. Suh, S. H. Park, S. G. Park, E. K. Lee, Covalent immobilization and solid-phase refolding of enterokinase for fusion protein cleavage, Process Biochem., 1755-1762 (2004).
20. S. H. Ynu, C. W. Lee, J. S. Lee, C. W. Suh, and E. K. Lee, Fabrication of SiO2-Coated Magnetic Nanoparticles for Applications to Protein Separation and Purification, Materials Science Forum, 1033-1036 (2004).
21. M. Y. Kim, C. W. Suh, C. S. Kim, T. H. Cho, S. J. Park, W. C. Choi, E. K. Lee, Solid-Phase Refolding Technology in Recombinant Proteins Recovery: Application Examples to Various Biopharmaceutical Proteins, Korean Chemical Engineering Research, 43(2), 187-201 (2005).
22. C. W. Suh, The Case Study of Project Management System for Development of New Products in Pharmaceutical Industry, J. PMA, 59, 37-45 (2008).
23. J. H. Lee, S. J. Jang, T. Y. Koo, C. W. Suh, E. N. Lee, K. M. Lee, H. S. Lee, and H. R. Baek, Expression, Purification and Osteogenic Bioactivity of Recombinant Human BMP-2 Derived by Escherichia Coli, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 8(1), 8-15 (2011).
24. S. O. Jeon, H. J. Hwang, D. H. Oh, J. E. Seo, K. H. Chun, S. M. Hong, M. J. Kim, W. C. Kim,
C. W. Suh and S. K. Lee, Enhanced percutaneous delivery of recombinant human
epidermal growth factor employing nano-liposome system, Journal of Microencapsulation, 29(3): 234–241 (2012).